Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Working towards a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility



Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 190.0 lbs
Weight Loss Variance: -1.8 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 113.0 lbs

I was very excited to see that I went down almost two pounds this week. I find that I enjoy attending the meetings just a little more when I know I worked my ass off and you know you are going to see a loss at the scale. This is a driving force for attend the meetings, for they motivate me and help me be accountable for my choices. I love my leader Lindsey, she is very optimistic and helps turn any negative into a positive. Even on the days where you have gained 4 lbs and feel like shit, she can make you feel like anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I bought the new product they were promoting (ginger snaps: 3pts) and I hope that they are as tasty. Hold on, screw this it is snack time *opening package*….. Mmmmmm yup, they are good. There are 11-12 little cookies around the size of a Loonie ($1 coin). It really goes well with my coffee. Om nom nom.

After Weight Watchers I went back to the Lulu Lemon on Queen Street for free Tuesday night yoga. The Lulu Lemon people are sneaky because while you are working out you are looking at the awesome clothes and products. I now have the strong urge to buy an $60 tank top…. must resist. Anyways, I used to do a little Yoga when I was more overweight and I didn’t like it as much because the weight made it more difficult to hold the positions. Easy stuff like child pose was difficult because of all the weight I was holding around my stomach. My least favorite position is downward dog because I have horrible upper body strength and all my weight was in my upper body. I was lucky not to fall on my ass after 30 seconds so you can understand why I would be so proud last night when I could do the movements and not feel uncomfortable because of my body. I did however discover that my right elbow started to become sore halfway through the exercises, almost like developing runner’s knee. I am not sure why it happened or if it is something that with time and practice I can strengthen. If you have any suggestions on how I can help my elbow I would love to hear them.


I leave you from this quote I found by Mr.Yoga which I really enjoy.


"You cannot always control what happens on the outside. But you can always control what goes on inside."

No comments:

Post a Comment