Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fresh

Quite a few of my friends are vegan so our dining options are limited. For the longest time I was very resistant to trying and liking the soy options, however over the years I have discovered that there are a variety of meatless options that are delicious. Fresh has three dining locations in Toronto and my friends and I enjoy the menu selection and atmosphere. I love their mushroom onion burger (which I had last night) and their banana pancakes. While they promote nutritious ingredients, they do not post their nutritional information on their website because they think that we should not be focused on the calorie content of their food. Although I agree that healthy ingredients are important over calorie content, I am a little frustrated that it becomes difficult to calculate the WW points for their items. Even though it is meatless doesn’t necessarily mean that it is lower in points. Chickpeas for instance can be very high in points, coconut milk if added to item have a lot of points associated with them. As long as I do not have the tasty sweet potato fries with my burger I feel like I have a least made a healthy option.

No comments:

Post a Comment