Monday, August 8, 2011

Body Combat & Body Flow


I finally started utilizing a service from my gym that I have been neglecting for far too long. Goodlife offers workout classes and I managed to attend two this weekend. The first one I attended was on Friday night at the Queen/McCaul location and it was called Body Combat. It is a fitness class with martial arts mixed in and I figured that it would help turn this girl into the Heroine that I desire to become. Due to my anxiety I am always quite nervous to attend an event that I have never done before, because I don’t know what to expect or if I will be able to do the entire class. I told myself to “suck it up” and I figured that if I was close to the door then I could leave if I wanted to. Well once the class started I forgot all about my anxieties and became too focused on the routine to worry about anything. It was high cardio and a lot of fun; I was kicking and punching, trying to stay coordinated with the class. Afterwards I was sweaty, red faced and I felt like I had started the weekend off right.



Then I convinced a friend of mine to attend the Body Flow at the Eglinton/Don Mills location on Sunday morning. In this class they combine Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates to give you a mild workout, great for fitness newbie’s like my friend and it helped me to work on my flexibility. I enjoyed this one because there were many women in this class and I always find that the more people in the class the more you can blend in. I did work up a bit of a sweat and I had fun hanging out with Lindsey. She and I worked out a bit before the class; she did the elliptical and I hit the machines to work on my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment