Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Go the f*ck to sleep!



I have a cold, booooooo. I am the worst patient and I push myself to hard. I was supposed to work out with my friend Christine yesterday, however from expirence I know that if I were to do that I would make it worse and I have a camping trip to go on this weekend. I need to be well and part of being healthy is to know when to rest. So I went to bed early like a good girl yesterday, and I will not be doing any Yoga tonight either. I am simply going to weight watchers tonight and then going to bed.


Did you know that there is a correlation between weight loss and getting enough sleep? It is recommended that you should get between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. “Inadequate sleep interferes with the body's ability to metabolize carbohydrates and causes high blood levels of glucose, which leads to higher insulin levels and greater body-fat storage. It will drives down leptin levels, which causes the body to crave carbohydrates and it also reduces levels of growth hormone--a protein that helps regulate the body's proportions of fat and muscle.” Also if we stay up later we are more likely to snack to occupy our time and then snack in the morning with sweet, high calorie or caffeinated items to give us more energy. So try to catch some more Z’s, your body will thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment