Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shout Out: Aradia Fitness

I’m having one of those days. I’m grumpy, tired and I really do not want to weigh in today. I bought myself an orchid for my desk at work hoping that it would cheer me up…. So far it is working. I know I am not going to like what I see on the scale. Do not get me wrong, I am going to go to weight watchers anyways. It’s really not an option. I go regardless because I am a food addict and I know these meetings help me. They are my “people” and they fuel me to be better. I almost need them more on the days where I go up on the scale. They help focus me. I just wish that there wasn’t this moment (the stepping on the scale and realizing that all my hard work has been ruined moment) tonight that I am dreading on a day which is already sucking.


So to push past that I thought that I would talk about Aradia Fitness, they are a pole dancing and sensual fitness studio. To some Pole dancing can seem as this dirty thing; however I find that it is sexy and takes strength and skill. I have taken two beginner classes at their Queen Street West and Bathurst Location. The first class I took was last year when I reached 250 lbs (which happens to be the weight limit for the poles) and by the end of the class my arms and wrists were killing me. I did it as a treat for myself for losing over 50 lbs at the time and let me say that it was so much fun, so much so I signed up for another class 6 months later. The second time I participated in the beginner’s class I found it was much easier to hold myself up (as I had lost another 50 lbs by then) and I had some of the technical skill from the previous class. In the next few months I would love to take another set of classes, when I have some extra class laying around. I would recommend them to anyone so check them out if you are daring enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment