Thursday, August 11, 2011

Heroine Goals



I went to the McCaul gym last night and did some serious strength training on the machines. I thought that I should get a workout in before I leave for the great wild. Today I thought I would share with you some of my non scale fitness goals. They are kinda fun and silly, you might enjoy them. I call it "Goals of a Heroine".

Out run a zombie

I remember watching Zombieland in the cinema and when they gave the first rule "Cardio" that the fatties were the first to go. I was like shit! I would totally be dead if zombies roamed the earth. I could barely walk fast at my previous weight of 303.2, let alone run for a durations of time. So I have been working on my running.

Fight an Attacker

When it comes to fight or flight I am definitely the second. That is just sad and Buffy, Xena and the Bride would just be very disappointed in me. I'm not saying I should take on an army of 88 bad guys, however basic self diffence and maybe some ninja moves with the strength to be able to deliver then would be good. I have been working on toning my muscles and plan on joining a karate dojo once I do not have to pay for weight watchers anymore.

Pull myself up from a cliff/wall aka "hanging on for dear life"
I watch people in movies who have fallen over a cliff and wonder at how they can pull themselves up when they are holding on by their finger tips. I would totally fall to my death and that is just pitiful. I don't think I can do a chip up, let alone climb a rope. I need to build my upper body.

Finally, I would like to be able to do a flip.

This is more for fun then serious. I see heroines on tv do these awesome flips and I don't think I have ever done one. A cartwheel when I was a kid but never a flip. Can an adult learn gymnastics and where would the learn that. When could I practice that?!?! Things to research.

Can you guys think of any other ones which would be important to be able to do, like ride a horse or learn to sword fight.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment