Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dealing with Disappointment

Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 190.0 lbs
Weight Loss Variance: -0.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 113.2 lbs

After all the hard work I put in at the gym and watching my food last week I was sure that I was going to see my efforts reflected at the scale. That happy feeling was crushed a bit when I weighed in and discovered that I lost 0.2 lbs. My first thought was “WTF?!?!?! How is that possible? That’s not fair!” I was angry. The entire way home I wanted to eat things that were not great in rebellion of this outcome. But I didn’t succumb to that temptation, which made me proud. No McDonald’s ice cream cone will make me feel better. After a night of reflection I have to ask myself a few things:

Did you feel great this week? Yes.
Did you do your best? Yes.
Are you in this for the long haul? Yes.
Are you going to keep going? Yes.

So suck it up princess. Hey, maybe I gained some muscle, who knows. I do know that I have to watch what I eat while I am camping this weekend. Stay focused. I am going to the fancy schmancy gym tonight, put in a good hour and feel all the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment