Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Run Forrest Run

Good morning everyone,


I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. For me it was an opportunity to sit back and relax, although that doesn’t mean I didn’t get my exercise in. I am very proud because I jogged a 2.2k route in my neighborhood called “The Loop”. This is the first time I have completed the entire run without stopping. I should preface this with the fact that I HATE running. I have memories of being forced to run in high school around the track by what I believed to be a sadistic gym teacher. I was never good at it and when I got larger I would hate the way my fat would “jiggle”. It made me very self conscious and for a long time I just wrote myself off as never being a runner. Then last year I was invited to go out running with my sister Amanda and her friend Christine. I realized that if I ever wanted to be in “Heroine” shape that I would need to be able to run, I just had to “suck it up” and go for it. Who cares how my body moved when I was running; the important thing was that I was getting the exercise I need. So we went back to that damn track I loathed so much and in the beginning I sucked. I ran half a lap and walked a whole one, completely out of breath and getting that taste of blood in my mouth. Eventually over time I could run a little more and breathe a little better. Christine who is a better runner then I would lap me frequently, but whenever she caught up I would try to sprint/jog at her pace as long as I could. I am happy to say that it takes her longer to catch up to me now. I find it helps to have an iPod with you to help take your mind off of the fact that you are running. I am not the fastest runner; however my focus is to just keep jogging at a steady pace.


I also wanted to mention that picked up some ISOflex whey protein powder (vanilla) at “Your Good Health”. One can drink this either in the morning, pre workout or post workout and it is supposed to help aid with muscle growth and help stop the muscle pain which can occur after a workout. I have never drunk a protein powder before, except in the occasional booster juice beverage. I have been drinking mine with cold water and it tastes alright. I think it would be better with skim milk, however the drink on its own is already 3 ww points, the additional points for milk would take a dent into my daily total. I will be interested to see how adding this into my work out regiment will help with my muscle growth. Speaking of Weight Watchers points, I have my meeting tonight. I hope that all the effort that I have put into this week has translated into a loss at the scale. We shall see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment