Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fancy Schmancy Gym

Today I went to Goodlife Toronto Eaton Centre North to work out after work. It is located on the fifth floor 250 Yonge office tower connected to the mall, very swanky. Just the view of Yonge Street from above is a reason to check out this location. The change rooms are large, there was a nice selection of equipment and there were an equal amount of men and women working out. The gym was moderately busy, but I got a treadmill and was able to use other equipment without any delay. 15-20 minutes running, 20 minutes on the machines, 10 minutes on the floor. I like the fact that it is located near the mall and subway because then I could get dinner fast and get home quicker. While I was working out I could feel some muscle pain from the day before from Yoga. This morning I really feel my body, I am wondering to what extent the protein powder is helping to reduce the pain.

One thing I might do though is pick up a few Cliff Builder Bars for my bag so I don’t have to fret about what to eat for dinner. I went to Jujo Juice and I was going to pick the Southwest Chicken Wrap, but it looked very thin and was 13 points. I only had 9 points available to me for dinner so I ended getting the lesser of two evils (Original Burger with Cheese from Harvey’s). It was 10 points however I don’t think that was any better for me. I am trying to think of other things that I could get after a workout for dinner on the go. I know that a Subway sub is around 13 points and 12 pieces of veggie Sushi is around 11 points. Perhaps I should pack a snack and wait until I get home to make something. If I am prepared and have safer options available to me I am less likely to make a poor choice. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have the same problem.. I'd come out of the gym STARVING and then have to eat mall food to hold me over before I got home. Alexi loves Teriyaki Experience (maybe don't eat all the rice and just eat the stirfry veggies & meat?) Cultures is on the Queen side of the mall beside McDonalds and I LOVE their smoothies. They also have a variety of salads which are pretty good but I don't know the point system. Try there.

    I'm also curious about the points.. it sounds like the chicken wrap would have been so much healthier than the cheeseburger, shouldn't that have been the better choice? How much do ingredients vs calories count in the WW system (ie do you eat avocados which are probably a million points but healthier than a cheeseburger?)

    ReplyDelete