Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Michelle’s easy low calorie fruit crumble recipe

First you need to decide what type of crumble you are going to make. My favorite is adding a whole bunch of fruit, such as apples, peaches, blueberries and strawberries. Cut up fruit into small pieces, the apples much smaller because they are harder and the canned peaches not as small because they are already pretty soft. The blueberries and the strawberries are there to add color to the cobbler. Cover the fruit with some cinnamon.

Then you spoon two table spoons of margarine into a bowl and microwave it until it is hot and melted. Then you spoon into the liquid 1-2 spoons of brown sugar and mix. Then add minute oatmeal, I usually will put 1/3 of a cup to ½ if I am trying to be “good” and eating the entire cobbler myself, if I am preparing this for a group and have a lot of fruit then I would add much more to cover the entire pan in a nice layer.

I warm the oven to 350 degrees and leave in the oven for 1 hour. If there are a lot of apples I let it stay in there longer, if there are none then shorter. You want the top of the cobbler to look crisp and not burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment