Friday, November 18, 2011

Scales

I am not too happy with my scale at the moment (seen above). It isn’t giving me very accurate readings. When I try to use the more advanced settings, two out of the three times it will give me an error message. This morning I got three different weights readouts (187.1, 187.9 and 188.7). Why is the sensors not getting my reading? For a second there I thought I was finally making some progress, but now I am not sure if it is correct. Maybe I need to change the batteries. Now that I am getting closer to my goal weight I need something that is going to chart my fat loss as well as my weight. Fat 2 fit Radio has been talking about a scale which has a hand grip which reads body fat percentage. I wonder if this is the thing they are talking about. However this is just a hand held device, they lead me to believe that it is a scale and handgrip combination. I sent them off an email so hopefully they will reply back soon.I am going to the gym tonight, I am just doing a basic workout and not Body Combat.

3 comments:

  1. I have a bad relationship with scales due to previous borderline eating disorder behavior, but when I was weighing myself, I found old fashioned balance scales with actual weights to be most accurate. Electronic gadgets are full of fail, at least around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with Rill...love old fashioned scales. Okay 'love' might be too strong of a word. I prefer the old fashioned ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i finally had to switch to a digital because my old fashioned one was way off (actually every old fashioned one i have usually is) and I got tired of doing the math in my head.

    The problem though with digital scales is that the are accurate enough to fall in the touchy category; so if you shift when you are in on them or stand in the wrong spot it will catch different weights.

    I try to only WI, at most, once between meetings. That way I am less apt to drive msyelf nuts wondering if its me or the scale...

    ReplyDelete