Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weight Watchers and my Leader Lindsay

Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 188.2 lbs
Weight Variance: -0.6 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 115.0 lbs

I lost this week. Phew. so it paid off to track like a crazy woman this week. Slow a steady wins the race. If i loose another 0.6 next week I will be happy about that too. My all time lowest was 187.2 so I would like to pass that by Christmas/Yule.

This is my leader, she is awesome. She is one of the reasons why I keep going to meetings. Afterwards I feel so motivated to start the week off right. I thought I would share her success story off the Weight Watcher website.

After

Before
NameLindsay
Age26
Height5'3"
Was215.8 lbs
Lost78.8 lbs*
Weight 137 lbs
As of01/09/2007

*Results Not Typical

"I'm able to go out and speak in public now. There is a huge difference in the way I present myself in front of others."



Lindsay lost weight with a prior Weight Watchers program

At 200 pounds, Lindsay started suffering from chest and joint pains at the young age of nineteen. Looking toward the future, it didn't take long for this Ontario woman to make the decision to join Weight Watchers meetings and start following the POINTS® Weight-Loss System.

Loving to cook, Lindsay developed a strong affinity for Weight Watchers recipes, which she started preparing regularly at home. Healthy eating, combined with a major boost in physical activity, sports, and exercise, propelled her to an amazing 78-pound weight loss* and has helped her successfully maintain. A logistics coordinator, Lindsay has gained the self-esteem to approach people at her job with confidence.

WeightWatchers.ca: How do you feel about the new you and your new body?

Lindsay: I feel great. There are so many things that have changed about me aside from the physical weight loss. I'm healthier. I can buy completely new clothes, obviously. Most importantly, my self-esteem is a million times better that it was before.

WeightWatchers.ca: What made you decide that it was time to start losing weight?

Lindsay: I was suffering from heartburn, knee problems and other medical problems by the time I was 19 years old. I told myself, "I have to get healthy. If I don't do it now, I'm going to have many more problems down the road and a harder time trying to get the excess weight off. I have to do it now while I'm young." That was the biggest reason that I decided to join Weight Watchers meetings.

WeightWatchers.ca: What sort of things are you able to do now that you couldn't before?

Lindsay: I work out three times a week. I play baseball. I walk every day. I also picked up rollerblading a couple months ago. I have a lot of activity in my life now.

The biggest thing that I'm able to do now that I wasn't before is to go out and speak in public. There is a huge difference in the way I present myself in front of others. I work for a wine agency, so I end up working a lot of in-store tastings and events. With the new-found confidence, I am more likely to approach someone to engage conversation, or speak up to get someone's attention. I feel like I don't have to hide behind anybody anymore.

WeightWatchers.ca: Did you have a lot of help along the way?

Lindsay: My family, my coworkers and my boyfriend have all been a great support for me. I only met my boyfriend about two thirds of the way through my weight-loss journey, but he did a lot to get me through those last 30 pounds.

WeightWatchers.ca: Do you have any Weight Watchers products that you would recommend?

Lindsay: All the recipe books are awesome. There are so many choices in there; I love them. I go to the meetings and I use the QuikTrak™ Diary. That keeps me journaling all the time.

WeightWatchers.ca: Would you consider yourself a chef?

Lindsay: I'd consider myself an advanced chef. I've been cooking for most of my life. There are certain things I don't always get to make because I have a 10-year-old boy that lives with me. (My boyfriend's son)

WeightWatchers.ca: Do either your boyfriend's or his son's eating habits effect what you cook?

Lindsay: They eat everything I prepare! Whatever I eat, they eat; they just eat bigger portions of it. My boyfriend's son has said what a good cook I am, since he still gets to eat what he wants. He just gets a lighter and healthier version, that's all. Next week, I'm going to make the Smoked Salmon Pizza from the "Inspired Canadian Cuisine" a taste of all Seasons" recipe booklet. It's a pizza crust with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers. Another healthy pizza variation that I make includes tomato sauce, goat's cheese, and a whole bunch of veggies.

WeightWatchers.ca: Do you make use of WeightWatchers.ca?

Lindsay: I'm on WeightWatchers.ca every day. The biggest reason I'm on there is the message boards. If it wasn't for the message boards, I'd have a much harder time making it through my week. It's nice to go on and see that there are others out there with you.

WeightWatchers.ca: What advice would you give to somebody who weighed over 200 pounds and wanted to lose weight and get healthy?

Lindsay: Just believe that you can do it, and take it one meal at a time. It's a big change, but you can't let that stress you out. If you stress yourself out, it's not going to make for a very happy lifestyle.

WeightWatchers.ca: How do you feel about your success story photo shoot? Have you had a good time today?

Lindsay: I've had an amazing time. I've loved it. I'm so happy to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment