Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weight loss has-been.

Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 188.8 lbs
Weight Variance: -0.4 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 114.4 lbs

Deep breath in, deep breath out. I am going to try and not let this get me frustrated or discouraged. I am at least going in the right direction and that is the important part, albeit really slowly. I am kind of annoyed because for the amount of effort that I am putting in, it is not reflected in the amount that I am loosing. It FEELS like I should be losing 3-5 pounds a week. So I don’t really get why I didn’t move that much, but I am going to keep doing what I am doing… Still sucks. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had been bad? I would have gained a few pounds.

I had this girl come up to me at weight watchers and she wanted to talk to me about her progress and ask for advice, she said and I quote “You are kind of a weight watchers legend” and she referenced the meeting where I took off my pants when I had gotten to 99.8 pounds loss and wanted to get the extra 0.2 lbs so I could get my bling. It was very flattering, however I also felt like kind of a fraud because I haven’t gotten to my goal weight yet. I have been stuck between 192-188 for months, just hovering back a forth. I kind of feel like a musician that had had one great hit and hasn’t done anything great since. LOL I am a weight loss has-been, a one hit wonder, a skipping record. It sucks were you do not get movement, even when you are trying, but I’ve had weeks where I haven’t moved even in my peak weight loss days. So I am going to keep doing what I am doing and hopefully I will see 187 or 186 next week. If I can lose 0.4 lbs every week I can get to my goal by spring.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this. It sounds heartbreaking in a way. I'm looking for silver linings.. and I'm thinking.. at least this isnt' the other way around... .4 a week for 2 years... you know you're not doing anything wrong, so don't kill yourself agonizing.. sounds like you're doing everything right.. maybe your body is taking a looong time to readjust and re train itself on this one. If you are on the online community, is there some way you could get into contact with people that have had the same journey as you? I e rough starting weight and same amount of loss with roughly same goal? Perhaps ask if they plateaued in the same areas for the same amount of time or some such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one thing - you have already lost a huge amount of weight and you can't loose sight of that. And I wonder if you are seeing some of this plateau/seesaw because you body is trying to reach an equalibrum/adjusting to what might be essentially a shock to its system? not to say you wont keep loosing weight, but it might take some time to adjust past this. have you tried the boards as well - I know there is one for 100lbs to loose members and there might be other people on that have experienced this and might have some ideas....

    ReplyDelete