Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Heroine of the Week: River Tam


Girl genius, deadly assassin and psychic to boot; River Tam is a character from the short lived television series Firefly. I’ve always loved this goram heroine because she was a great sense of comic relief on the show, her fighting was graceful like a dancer and she was a person you under estimated. This young girl is really smart and if it wasn’t for all those crazy vision I think that she would be an unstoppable force. I think everybody would have loved to see her character progress past someone who is hindered by her visions. We got hints of that in the last episode of the series and in the movie Serenity…. Oh well, that is what fan fiction is for I guess. Like The Bride and Buffy she has unparalleled fighting skills which I envy. I really want to take up some sort of combat training once I do not have to pay for Weight Watchers anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Aikido! You do Martial and Sword(Jo) and stick!(Bokken). I miss it.. Toronto Aikikai is still there..

    ReplyDelete