Monday, November 21, 2011

Tenacity

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Today I want to speak about Tenacity. I have been thinking a lot about this over the weekend. It means to hold fast, unwilling to yield, not easily pulled asunder or tough. When it comes to weight loss I think this is one of the biggest qualities for people who are successful. The individuals who keep trying even the face of adversity. It takes courage to decide to want to start the weight loss process, to think about changing your life. It takes even more courage to start the process and make those changes. It takes true courage to hold on to that lifestyle and not waiver.

I have been attending my Weight Watcher meetings for two years now and you know that the only people who continue to attend are lifetime members and myself. They still attend because they learn the important lesson of tenacity. They realize that weight loss is a steady process that takes patience. I realized that at Weight Watchers I can only have short term friends there, they join up, stay in the program for a few weeks and then give up and stop attending. They make excuses so that they do not have to attend anymore. It got too hard, it’s not fun or it is inconvenient. I have been wavering at approximately 190 pounds for months now and I keep going, keep trying, I will keep attending no matter what. Eventually that weight will come off, I just need to “keep on truckin'”.

No comments:

Post a Comment