Thursday, November 24, 2011

I've always been..... SHY!!!!!


Yesterday I exercised some serious will power and self-control. They rolled that baked good cart around and they were giving a deal of for $2-$4 you could fill a Tupperware container filled with tasty treats. I remember someone saying to me that no one will yell at your for not buying anything or refusing food. It’s true. I ate an apple and did my best to ignore everyone talking about how delicious everything was. I felt really good afterwards and proud of myself.

So, a friend of mine at Weight Watchers got engaged. She showed off her ring and looked really happy. Seem like a lot of people are getting engaged lately and the older I am getting the more social pressure it seems to find a partner. It made me think about my non-existent love life. Funny I remember thinking that “IF ONLY” I was skinny I would have a boyfriend. “IF ONLY” I was thin that I would have men knocking down my door. All my problems would be solved. Apparently it doesn’t work like that. No magic boyfriend is going to be given to me when i reach goal. Being thinner doesn’t mean I haven’t stopped being shy and awkward around guys (that I am attracted too). I am not the type to go to clubs and the guys I am meeting on the dating websites are…. alright I guess. Not sure what the solution is, just lamenting that one can change buy still stay the same as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment