Thursday, September 22, 2011

Goodlife Location Review: Toronto Women's Club

Holy crap on a cracker. I went to the Toronto Women’s Goodlife on Adelaide and all I have to say is “Now that it is a girly gym”. Now I’ve been to a women’s only gym before, but that was just a gym where only women go a work out. This was a place catered to women. First the place looked really nice, like it could be a spa. Then I went into the change room and they have hairspray, deodorant, shaving cream and all the mirrors. There are lockers you can rent so that you do not have to lug your stuff to the gym every day. Then upstairs there are tons of treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. Food network, Slice and Women’s Network are on the televisions with the exception of one which has CP24 news. The weight lifting area was small and there were three trainers working with clients and they're taking up a good chuck of space. It was very difficult to find a spot to do my free weight workout. Then off to the corner they have an entire bay of massage six chairs and a tv on a fishtank channel. After my 1 hour workout I spent a nice 20 minutes getting this knot out of my back. *Bliss*. Would I go here again? Maybe, if I wanted to get a massage. But for the 30 minute walk it took to get to the location I could be at the gym already. I can see how they would sell a lot of memberships touring this club.

No comments:

Post a Comment