Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ghetto Chickpea Burger

I wouldn’t consider myself an amazing cook, however I am adventurous and usually my creations are very tasty. Always willing to try a new recipe and get dirty, and that would perfectly capture this dinner.

I looked at a varied of Chickpea burger recipes and decided to free form something. I knew I had a can of chickpeas, garlic and flatbread buns back at the house. So I got an onion, a lemon and bread crumbs. I opened the can of chickpeas to drain; roughly chopped the onions threw in some garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, curry powder and about 2/3 a cup of bread crumbs. Getting it to become a paste was really tricky and let’s just say Kitchen: 1 Michelle: 0. Looks like I am going to have to buy my friend a new kitchen whisker, Sorry! #kitchenfail

Once it was a paste I flattened them it into four paddies and fried them in a pan with a little light margarine. When I went for the buns, I discovered that they had turned moldy, so I had to use weight watcher bread…. which has the structural integrity of tissue paper.

There is no picture because the results were too sad to document. The burgers themselves tasted good, however they were very plain. To fix it I would like to add more toppings, lettuce, tomato, sautéed mushrooms and onions, maybe even some cheese. Proper buns and more curry powder or spice in the burgers themselves. They were very filling I only really needed one instead of two. I would say that one burger paddy was 6 points, the bread was 2 points and ketchup was 1 point for both burgers. All in all it was a 17 point dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment