Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thanksgiving is coming!!!



Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 188.2 lbs
Weight Variance: -2.8 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 115.0 lbs

This is a holiday which makes many people who are trying to lose weight very nervous, but really it is great practice for the Christmas season. My sub leader Tracy went through a typical meal and it was in the mid 30 point range (Turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, beans, pumpkin pie etc…). So what are our options? Well do I really need all those carbs? I would be perfectly happy with just Turkey/Chicken, stuffing and green beans. I'm going to be making sutffing balls this year. Basically you take prepared stuffing, smoosh them into balls, cover them in a little low calorie margarine and then plop them into the oven to crisp up. It is a great way to preportion the stuffing. Also lets say I wanted pie, perhaps I could make my own low calorie version instead of store bought. Also in anticipation I could watch my food consumption earlier in the day and bank a couple activity points in anticipation for the large meal. The important thing is to track everything you eat and know that enjoying yourself doesn’t mean eating until you have to unbutton your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment