Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hanging on for dear life

Good morning readers,

Yesterday I went to Rock Oasis with my friend Matt after work. I was a little surprised when we asked me because I remember a few years ago he didn’t want to stand on the ladder when we were painting his bedroom because he didn’t like heights. The climbing facility is located on Carlaw south of Gerrad. We paid around $35 for all the equipment, a lesson and the time to climb. The guy who instructed us how to use the equipment was cute! After we got the hang of it both Matt and I had a lot of fun trying the different wall paths. We joked that men have a tendency to climb with their cards and women with our legs. I am not sure if this is completely true, because my arms are a little sore this morning. I loved the feeling when I could figure out a course to get to the top. My upper body strength has improved I’ve noticed because I was like a spider monkey! By the end of the night out fingers were sore and our arms were getting tired. I would definitely do that again, even if it is only every few months. I would recommend the activity to anyone and everyone. However you do need a partner to help you belay while you climb so bring a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment