Monday, October 17, 2011

Cold and Flu Season

It is that time of the year when the cold weather hits and everyone around us start getting sick. Once we get sick ourselves not only does this hinder our overall health, but it will derail our weight loss due to inactivity and poor food choices. No one really wants to eat a salad when they are sick, they want soup or comfort foods like ice cream. We need to make sure we prevent a cold or flu before it starts. The immune system is a system of biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease by identifying and killing pathogens, thus we need to take care of it. I myself have a sore throat at the moment so I am listing to my inner mother voice and took some Cold FX and made sure to get my vitimins for the day. I am being mindful of getting a lot of rest/sleep. I am using the hand sanitizer with greater frequency and being mindful of how I interact with people who are sick. It is also I good idea to drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated and flush out any toxins. Hopefully I can kick this before this develops into something worse. I have a tendancy to go from mild cold to pneumonia in a heatbeat. Here are nine foods which help to boost your immune system.

1. Yogurt

2. Oats and Barley

3. Garlic

4. Fish

5. Chicken Soup

6. Tea

7. Beef

8. Sweet Potatoes

9. Mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment