Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gym Peacocks AKA "Meathead"

Went to the McCaul Goodlife gym yesterday, it is become my favorite. I love the fact that they play Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Food network and Criminal Minds on the televisions in the cardio bays. I went for a nice 20 minutes run on the treadmill while watching a season 6 episode of Buffy. I am inspired by my friend Melissa, she runs for 30 minutes and I want to get back into that again. My friend Christine and I haven’t had a lot of opportunity to run at the school track for a long time due to inclement weather. After the treadmill I went to the free weight section and worked my upper body. I am always entertained by the “Meat Heads” who are really bulked up, who are grunting and flaunting their bodies like peacocks. I mean I have been to a gym in the village and I understood why those men were flaunting their bodies, but here it is more to prove their masculinity or their power. I can also tell who are the true Meat heads (the guys who work out every day) and the newbie’s who pick a random set of heavy free weights and sit on the bench trying to look really cool. Is this a guy thing? They all like to make this grunting sound which to me always makes me think of what they would sound like in bed. It would be nice if they were cute, but they are not. I look a little out of place when I work out in that section but I do not care. The weight machines upstairs take too long to cycle through and I can do my work out faster (at least the upper body workout) with a pair of 7.5 lbs and 10 lbs weights at my side. At the end of my workout I went to the pull up assist machine. I can currently do 7 chin ups/ pull ups at 110. I would like to be able to do 15 at 110 before I move over to 100. If you are unaware of how it works basically I have set it so that it carries 110 of my 188 pounds of my total weight. So really I am only carrying 78 lbs. If I move it to 100 lbs setting then I would be carrying 88 pounds. Understand? So eventually I would like to be able to do a pull up without any assistance. By doing this I will build my upper body strength and be working on the “hanging from the edge of a cliff” fitness goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment