Friday, October 14, 2011

S.O.S

Alright something fishy is going on. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained an additional 2 pounds. I have eaten nothing to warrant that much of a gain which leads me to think that this all might be a reaction to not taking my birth control pills. A little medical back story. I have/had Polycystic ovary syndrome, which is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones. Basically my body wasn't producing enough estrogen. Thus I would take birth control to counter balance this. This was caused by my excessive weight. A way to treat the disease is to loose weight and it was thought that once I slimmed down that I could take a lighter prescription dose and then eliminate taking it. I am currently not getting medical benifits from work so I thought that this would be a good time to stop taking the drug.

Now I do not know what to do. Is this weight gain temporary? Will it go away on its own? Should I go back on my medication? A 5 pound gain is a serious back step. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment