Thursday, October 13, 2011

Heroine of the Week: The Bride aka Beatrix Kiddo aka The Black Mamba

I’m still kinda grumpy and unmotivated to talk about fitness so I thought I would write a “Heroine of the Week” entry. I mentioned Beatrix Kiddo (aka The Bride aka the Black Mamba) yesterday in my rant, she is one of the main heroine influences on my journey to lose weight because I admire how focused she is. She has one goal (to kill Bill and the rest of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad) and she lets nothing stop her in accomplishing that goal. I would love to be like this character. It does help that aesthetically Uma Thurman and myself have a few features in common and so it becomes easy to picture myself in the role. I have always admired her tall lean frame. You don’t see blondes being able to pull off tough without them sexualizing them, so I appreciate the fact that this yellow warrior wasn’t tarted up; in fact her ability to turn a yellow jump suit into something bad ass is impressive. To top it all off she has got some serious kung fu and sword skills. I can only home one day to be as indestructible as her. I read on IMDB that they are making a Kill Bill Vol. 3, am I am excited to see my favorite heroine on the big screen again, I just hope they don’t ruin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment