Tuesday, October 18, 2011

P90x Workout: Attempt #1

Yesterday I went over to my friend Christine’s house and worked out with both her and her brother Alex. I borrowed P90x from my friend Matt and we decided that since the weather was not favorable that it was a good time to give it a try. Both Christine and I watched the intro video where they pimped their DVD’s, nutrition book and supplements. I was hoping that they would talk about how to effectively implement the DVD’s into a regiment, I have a feeling that the system is in an accompanying booklet thus not to get pirated. So we voted to do Yoga X and when we put the DVD in we discovered that it was 1 hour and 27 minutes long, WTF?!?! So we said we would do half the workout and then conclude with the ab ripper DVD which we know is 16 minutes long. The yoga DVD was like any yoga class I have ever done, it is just longer than the average yoga class. The ab ripper was intense; however I felt it working more in my thighs then in my abs. Maybe I wasn’t doing them right. Well I think that I would like to try the Kempo X or Cardio X DVD next. See if it can make me sweat. Wish me luck at weigh in. If I gain another 3 lbs I may just kill someone….

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really easy to work the legs instead of the abs - it takes a certain level of concentration & focus to engage the right muscles (trust me, my pilates instructor will have to start correcting me when I start getting towards the end of class). Leg muscles are almost always stronger, so its natural that those are the ones we engage first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, thanks Callie! Good food for thought Sarah.

    ReplyDelete