Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Private vs. Public

Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets.--Clark Moustakas

Private vs. Public

This is a topic I have been thinking about for the past day or so. Is it better to confide in the world or hold on to what you hold dear.

I live my life out in the open, I don’t hide who I am, I don’t think I would be able to. I like to share. This blog for instance, I share what is going on in my day to day life. I tell people that I attend weight watchers, that I read fan fiction, I am a Sci-fi nerd, a pagan, a fan girl, and a fitness junkie. I spin fire, crack whips, sing and I could spend hours watching my favorite tv shows.

Opening yourself up to others can bring with it the joys of finding people who share your interests and goals. Other times you discover how different your views are. Lately I feel like the odd duck out because my interests differ from most, like I live on my own island of misfit toys. I wouldn’t change who I am but it is making me consider how much I should share.

This by no way reflects on the frequency of my posts, I am just finding that posting every weekday is becoming a bit taxing, so I am going to post when I have the time available and I have something I really want to discuss.

On a different note I have weight watchers tonight. I hope it goes well as I have worked hard this week.

1 comment: