Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Haywire

I've been so busy that I have only finally gotten around to posting something about the amazing movie I saw last week. I went to see "Haywire" on Friday with my friend Natasha and in the process I discovered my new idol Gina Carano . Gina in reality is a MMA fighter and former gladiator. They sort of built this movie around her skills. She kicked some serious butt in the movie and the butt she did kick was serious eye candy (Ewan McGreggor, Channing Tatum, Micheal Fassbender). This is one of those action films that both men and women are going to enjoy. The character Mallory was able to blend both strength, femininity and skill better then any other action heroine I've seen in a while. They didn't sexualize the character like the did with Babydoll in Sucker Punch, she was a more realistic and more clothed version of Leelu Dallas.

Today is WID at WW and I am a little ticked off when I went on the scale this morning. The scale told me that I am up, however the body fat % is down and the muscle is up. I went to the gym every weekday morning for the past week. My sleep deprived body wanted to see more progress on the scale. On top of that I know that part of the reason I am not moving this week is due to my monthly "gift" thus I am retaining water. Logic tells me to be patient and that I am doing great. My hormones are wanting to curse like a sailor. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment