Sunday, January 22, 2012

Heroine of the Week: Eowyn

My sister and her friend had a Lord of the Rings marathon (extended edition of course) on Saturday, I had a few things I needed to do so I would sit down with them and watch a half an hour or so before moving on to the next task. I happened on the scene where Eowyn is fighting in the Pelennor fields having just fallen off of her horse. She has some skills with a blade, and being a maiden of Rohan has excellent riding abilities. So when this nazgul lands in front of her she cuts off its head, then she fights the witch king and gets that epic line "I am no man!" and stabs him in the face. I have to give this lady kudos, she is very brave and doesn't let a little thing like her gender dictate her ability to be of value to her people.

No comments:

Post a Comment