Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The "new and improved" Points Plus 2012

Weight Watchers Stats
Starting Weight: 303.2 lbs
Weigh in Weight: 187.0 lbs
Weight Variance: +0.2 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 116.2 lbs

Up by only 0.2, not bad.

Yesterday my Weight Watcher group was introduced to Points Plus 2012, an update to the plan which was launched this time last year. The biggest thing that has changed is that the daily points target (DPT) has become flexible. You can now add or subtract 3 points from your assigned DPT. So for instance I am now eating 32 points a day. If I am losing I can stay there, however if I am not I can subtract up to 3 points from that DPT to a DPT of 29. It can go the other way too, if I am loosing too fast or (if I for some reason I want to feel justified for eating more , loose slower and give WW more money) I can add 3 points to my DPT for a DPT of 35. I think they were realizing that people were not touching their weekly’s on this new plan so they decided to change the daily points so that people would want to touch their weekly’s again. Or they realized that people were not losing like they were in the last program so this margin for error will cover their butt if you don’t loose because obviously you are not eating at the right DPT. By subtracting 3 points daily you are eating 21 points less a week. That is a fair amount.

Also with the re-vamp a few items has changed their points plus values. For instance 4 oz of wine is now 3 points instead of 4, but light beer has gone up from 3 points to 4 points. Looks like I am switching to wine LOL. They have broken down the intro meetings to three informational sessions instead of 1 session to lessen the barrage of information you are introduced too. They made us sit through that yesterday making the meeting go until 7:30pm.

I have decided to try subtracting my DPT by 2, so for the next few week I will try eating 30 points a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment