Monday, July 25, 2011

Back to basics

Welcome

First I want to thank you for taking the time to read my blog. My name is Michelle, I am 28 and from Toronto. Here I will be chronicling the last leg of my weight loss journey. I will be blogging about my struggles, triumphs, as well as posting recipes and exercise routines that I enjoy, Now I say last leg because I have already lost 112.8 lbs and have around 15-20 lbs to go. You would think this would be a piece of cake, however I have discovered as with any marathon the last leg is the most difficult. I started my weight loss journey back in January of 2010, yes I was a "resolutioner". The previous October I went to a local amusement park and was unable to fit into the roller coaster seat. This crushed me. Due to the shame spiral which occurred as a result of the incident I managed over the holidays to get to a whopping 303.2lbs. I joined Weight Watchers and for the next year and a half I counted my points, exercised and shrunk.

I am now so close to my goal I can taste it, however for what ever reason I am not seeing the movement I want. I think my body, mind and spirit were tired. I need a reboot which is why I've decided to write this blog. I need to track like I used to, I need to feel that drive and determination again. I need to find the time for me because this journey is the most important one of my life.

What is my goal you may ask? I have a few. For Weight Watchers they want me to be at a goal weight of anywhere between 149lbs-179lbs for my height. I have decided to shoot for 175 lbs and see what that feels like. If I reach my goal and stay there for 6 week I no longer have to pay, which is incentive enough. My other goal is to work towards being like my TV and movie heroine idols like Buffy, Xena or the Bride from Kill Bill. A strong woman who kicks butt with style. Which means I would like to be able to do a few of the things that they do. I was thinking of joining a dojo, working on flexibility and toning.

What are some of my challenges? I just started a new job and I discovered that there are many food obstacles and by that I mean they seem to like having snacks around. I love brownies, cookies and cakes, so I will need to watch out for that. I think I am also going to have to set time aside strictly for working out. Say Monday's, Thursdays and Saturdays.

I think the most important thing to focus on right now is persistence. The ability to maintain action regardless of your feelings. To press on even when you feel like quitting. Until next time, I wish you luck on your own journey.

1 comment:

  1. So happy that this exists. I am going through the same thing and so looking forward to reading about how you tackle these obstacles! :)

    ReplyDelete